Glossier Brow Flick Review | Black vs Brown

 




Glossier | Brow Flick (C$22 | US$18)
The Glossier Brow Flick is a brush-tip liner that mimics the appearance of brow hairs for a natural bushy brow look.


I took advantage of their rare 20% off sale and bought the shade brown for $17.60 CAD. That is a lot of money but I like to think of the extra cost as a warranty if it doesn’t work. Eyebrow pens can be finicky.


Rocky start but redemption
When I first tried the shade I bought, I wasn’t really happy with it. I watched so many videos showing a product that was way more pigmented. I found that mine wasn’t very dark at all. My pale skin peaked through it. I had to do multiple passes over the same stroke for it to be dark enough which would make the stroke a little larger with each pass. You can see this a little below. After a week, the pen was noticeably better. You can see the improvement in the image below-below. Maybe the pigment had separated from the base ingredients. It now seems to be working as it should, but it’s still a touch too light for my dark brown brows.




I contacted Glossier and they said I could return it but I would have to pay for shipping from Canada to the US. This would easily cost the price of the product, not making it worth it. After explaining that the product wasn’t working as it should, they immediately sent the shade black. I tested it right away and it worked way better. 


Shades
The shade black is a touch darker and more pigmented than brown. If you have very dark brown brows, you might want to consider getting the shade black. I’d like to see an even darker shade than their black as it’s more of a dark brown.


Opinion
I really like this product! I don’t think I'll ever stray from using an eyebrow pen now. The effect is so realistic, people can’t even tell that you have filled in your brows if you apply it right. Many reviews stressed that it’s easy to mess up applying it but I find it super easy to get very tiny strokes on myself. If you struggle, all I can say is practice. The wear-time is great. I wore it for 24 hours and the next day the lines were smudged but still there. I recommend if you have very oily skin, to blot your eyebrows before applying so it has something to stick to and lasts longer.


Packaging
The packaging is better quality than a typical drugstore liner is. It feels like there’s a good amount of product in it. The liquid has never dried on the brush either. I could see this product working a long time. I’ll update you how it does.

Buy Brow flick here: Glossier
Glossier brow flick issues. no pigment. no color is coming from the end anymore.
Super faint lines. glossier customer service. brow flick brown. brow flick black.

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © VERADESSA. Made with by OddThemes