Skincare Favourites

 Follow my blog with Bloglovin


My main focus this year was to fade PIH and moisturize without causing acne. I didn't find a vitamin c serum I loved (and could afford) so that's on my checklist for 2021.

The products I bought this year and used the most were by:

  • Paula's Choice
  • First Aid Beauty
  • Deciem

All of these brands have many great things and common:

  • Made in the US or Canada
  • No fragrant essential oils or other irritants
  • Less expensive
  • High quality
  • No frills
  • Recyclable packaging
  • Cruelty free
  • Effective
My top products of the year

Ultra Repair Cream
This has been working great for me. I've not had any breakouts despite it containing dimethicone. It's not as hydrating as i'd like but oddly, I find it I apply it with a spritz of water, the penetration seems better. I'm not currently looking elsewhere for a replacement cream and have gone through an entire tube so that tells you how much I like it.

FAB Cleanser
Using this in conjunction with a cellulose sponge has worked WONDERS on my skin. My skin is so smooth afterwards. The gentle exfoliation provided by the cellulose sponge has helped fade my PIH and prevent acne. The cleanser helps then puts moisture back into my skin while doing an amazing job of cleansing. It just amazes me how supple it makes my skin feel. It must be the allantoin. Will repurchase.

Deciem Hemi-Squalene
Everyone needs this. It's like C$3 and came be used so many ways. Hair, face, skin. It's like velvet water and provides light slip and moisture to skin. If you have dry skin but find under-eye creams mess up the appearance of your concealer, try this.

Paula's Choice Essential Glow Moisturizer SPF 30
This is one great facial sunscreen. It feels great, it doesn't leave a white cast and it doesn't mess up makeup. If you're looking for a physical SPF, try one from Paula's Choice!

Paula's Choice Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%
I bought this is the travel size and it's lasted me years. I know this is an outdated treatment for many but I really like it. I apply the smallest amount on active pimples, making sure to apply a layer of moitsurizer first. I find it does reduce the size of the pimple effectively.

FAB Retinol Eye Cream
I only recently started using anti-aging eye creams. I was debating if the It Cosmetics Confidence in an Eye Cream was my favourite or this. Recently I found that the It Cosmetics one gave me a pimple under my eye as the jar became contaminated over months of using it with a finger. For the price, I don't want that to happen. I like the FAB cream just as much and it comes in a container that's easier to dispense product. The texture is a little heavier so ideal for use at night.

Paula's Choice Azelaic Acid Booster
This is the most gentle yet effective chemical exfoliant i've ever used! It feels just like a face cream. After using it a few times, my skin looks lighter and less red. If you typically get bad reactions to chemical exfoliants, try this one. I'm typically not a fan of them but I love this one.

Marcelle Cleansing Water

I'm on bottle 10 of this. It really is the best makeup remover i've tried. I've got only one beef with the brand on this and that's how thick the plastic is. I feel guilty on the waste i'm creating.

Deciem B Oil
I went through a hardcore facial oil faze but that kind of died down after I found a moisturizer than doesn't break me out. However i've still been using this oil as I really like it's heavier feel and ingredients. It contains a host of oils as well as squalene and Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride which leave skin feeling nourished. There's not much of a dry-down which I like. I've largely been spreading it on my neck in an effort to start incorporating that area into my skincare regime.

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © VERADESSA. Made with by OddThemes