NYX Pigment Primer


I was on the hunt for the best affordable drugstore eyeshadow primer and discovered this gem. The NYX Pigment Primer is a 2018 release from the brand. The girls at the NYX counter all recommended me this. Not only does it intensify pigments but you can use it as a plain ol' eyeshadow primer. This primer gives the most product for the lowest cost ($8 CAD, $10 USD) so that really drew me in. It's the most hygienic as it's a squeeze tube and will also last longer for that reason as it won't dry out. It's paraben free unlike the HD Eyeshadow Base from NYX.
Thoughts
This is definitely the best primer I have in my collection. I have never tried a high end primer so sorry I can't compare but I find this to be amazing. I've swatched primers at Sephora on my hand and noticed some of them were thick or made a matte shadow look so textured but this doesn't do that. I think it's because the formula is thinner and emollient. This also never squeezes out liquid which is a huge annoyance of mine. It makes shimmers pop like mad. It doesn't turn them into a flat metallic like when you wet a brush to apply pigment. It will intensify the sparkle AND the metallic finish. Maybe you can see what I mean in my images. It's thinner and emollient but dries down a little. It's not super tacky but does have some tack. For reference, I don't have seriously oily lids but do get a little oily through the day. In my comparison images, i'm comparing to my usual eyeshadow application method, a matte concealer that has been set. As you can see, the wear time on this primer is wayyyy better. I really wish the camera could better pick up the swatches as well. The swatch on concealer looks much more flat and dull in colour. I'm very happy with this purchase and recommend this primer!

Left is NYX, Right is matte concealer (Mac Prolongwear which is not cruelty free but the only very matte concealer I have)
Left is NYX, Right is Mac Prolongwear 

Left is NYX, Right is Mac Prolongwear wiped with kleenex

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © VERADESSA. Made with by OddThemes