EYE OF HORUS COSMETICS REVIEW


It's been a while since I was sent products for review that just knocked my socks off. I'm so impressed with the brand as a whole and highly recommend them. They're one of my favorites now. I have a video review below if you want to learn about them that way.

The first thing you might notice about the brand is the ancient Egypt theme. I'm a big history nerd, so this theme really attracts me. The actual Eye of Horus symbol means a lot of things, but essentially, it's a symbol of protection, royal power and good health. Fun fact.

The brand has a lot more going for them than the cool theme. This card summarizes what they're all about.

I love that they're cruelty and paraben free and use some organic ingredients. What makes them extra special to me is that their products are very water resistant and gentle for sensitive eyes. Most of the products have difficulty coming off with soap and water. Their eyeliners feel very light and skin-like even though they're water resistant. Also, nothing i've tried has made my sensitive eyes burn.

GODDESS PENCILS

Goddess Pencils | $22.14 USD, $29.92 CAD| 1.2 g
They've done a really good job with these eyeliners. In general, they're creamy and pigmented but some more than others. They all set to be waterproof and stay in place. I would say these are ideal for oily-eyed people. I did my moms makeup before she went on a trip and she told me her liner hadn't creased at all after 10 hours. So, I recommend them. I have to mention that the shade Sahara Nude is a lot drier and stiffer than the rest of them. My favourite is the purple and blue shade because they are very emollient and fun. I'll be giving away the black shade to one of you (unused).

SAHARA NUDE
This is a drier and stiffer pencil. It does have full pigmentation but need a lot of work to get it to show on my waterline. I recently found that if I dry my waterline first, this pencil will stick and stay a long time.

BRONZE AMULET
This is a bronze with a subtle rose shift. It looks fairly matte when applied. It has a medium creaminess.

JEWEL AMETHYST
This is a violet purple with rose shimmer. It's very emollient and pigmented.

LAZULI BLUE
This is a violet blue with a purple shimmer shift, but it looks blue only. It's pigmented but it you look closely, you can see a bit of skin peak through in a swatch. I love this one.




LIQUID METALS

Liquid Metals | $24.35 USD ,$32.91 CAD | 2.4 g | Vegan
These are the star of EoH.  Have you ever used a metallic eyeliner that felt like an uncomfortable, tight second skin? These feel like nothing is on your skin. The are super, super long wearing and waterproof. They'd make a great Coachella body tattoo. Every shade is extremely pigmented and gorgeous. Now they just need to make more colours. I'd like to see a metallic deep green. I also want to mention the felt tip. It's amazing. It bends at the tip like a calligraphy brush. You can make some cool designs with it.

COPPER SPHINX
This is an intense copper metallic.

IMPERIAL BRONZE
This is a bronze shade that is similar to Copper Sphinx, but different. I personally would go for Copper Sphinx if I was trying to choose between the two.

ALCHEMY GOLD
This one is a yellow gold with a larger shimmer.

ANCIENT PEWTER
This is a white silver. It's my favourite because it's super intense and... I just like it.


GODDESS EYESHADOW

Goddess Shadow Palettes | $33.95 USD, $44.88 CAD | 3.6g 12oz
The eyeshadows are another great product from them. They feel firm yet velvetty and a little buttery. You get 3 removable pans in each palette that are the standard eyeshadow width and hold 1.2 grams of product. They would be about $15 USD for each shadow if you broke it down like that. This is pricey and I don't feel the performance is anything special. I guess you could justify it this way: it's great for people with sensitive eyes, it's vegan and cruelty free.

SHEBA GODDESS PALETTE

Sheba  Mystical Goddess Palette | $33.95 USD, $44.88 CAD | 3.6g 12oz | Vegan
ARTIFACT
A champagne shimmer. It looks more silver when applied but looks warmer in a finger swatch. I have a feeling it's very similar to MUG Shimma Shimma. It's a great highlight.

ENCHANTRESS
A satin peachy shade. It's pigmentation is subtle.

ROYAL ABYSS
A deep, muted purple metallic. It's pretty wearable actually.

Eye of Horus haul beauty bay makeup cosmetics sheba goddess shadow palette look review

ISIS SUN GODDESS SHADOW PALETTE

Isis Sun Goddess Palette | $33.95 USD, $44.88 CAD | 3.6g 12oz | Vegan

ENIGMA MIST
This is a metallic peachy champ.

CHALICE BRONZE
A metallic bronze. Very pigmented.

SACRED HUSK
A wheat-khaki brown metallic.

GODDESS MASCARA

Goddess Eyeshadow | $25.80 USD, $34.86 CAD | 8 g
I've been really enjoying this mascara because it's so easy to work with. It's not too wet and not too dry. It doesn't flake, smudge or any other bothersome issues you can encounter with mascaras. I can't speak for volume or lengthening abilities because my lashes as soooo short and stubborn that they fall down immediately. I use this on my lower lashes mainly. The shape of the want it ideal because it's shaped to fit the contour of your eye. This means an easier application. Recommend this one.


LIQUID DEFINE

Liquid Define | $22 USD, $30 CAD | 2 g | Vegan
Are you super iffy marker liners like I am? This is now the exception to my weariness of marker styled liners. I love this! This eyeliner is superrrr pigmented and black and doesn't bleed/feather.  The finish is BEAUTIFUL. It's matte without being crackly and dry. The felt tip has a stiff base and a slightly bendable tip. It's really easy to make a sharp line. It doesn't feel like i'm poking my eye with a stick either. You really don't need much pressure to get product to show up. I'm concerned on how this will last through the next few weeks. Will it dry up? Will eyeshadow gunk up the outside? I don't think the pointed tip will dull. It's been 2 week and everything is perfect and i'm loving it.


DYNASTY DUAL BROW PERFECT

Dual Dynasty Brow Perfect | $20.66 USD, $28 CAD  | Vegan

I've really been enjoying this product because it's fast as hell. You got a triangle shaped brow pencil on one end and a brow gel on the other. The shade I have is in Medium Brown. It suits my really dark brows very well because it's not orange in undertone. The pencil is hard and not super pigmented on a swatch but it's more than pigmented when applying because hairs tend to soften a pencil up and brows are often a little oily from skin. The pigmentation is perfect! It's just like the Benefit Goof Proof brow pencil actually. The gel end is very good too. It holds like a mens strong hold hair gel holds hair. It feels... kind of crunchy. That doesn't bug me. I hands down recommend this over the Benefit Goof Proof pencil, which is it's near dupe.

Eye of Horus haul beauty bay makeup cosmetics dynasty dual brow perfect review swatch swatches look medium brown


_________

Thanks for your support! Please check out my other accounts!

8 comments :

  1. I think you have the prettiest swatches! Sad that these aren't in a store so that I can swatch them for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Agreed. Hopefully they expand.

      Delete
  2. I was already sold based on the name, but then I saw the metallic liners! Oh man, those are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The swatches are amazing! Love all the eye looks you created :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this brand before but I LOVE that bronze and blue look you created!

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram

Copyright © VERADESSA. Made with by OddThemes