Batiste Dry Shampoo Plus, Beautiful Brunette Review & Is Batiste Cruelty Free?

I've tried a few dry shampoo's and usually I end up disliking them because I hate the perfume-type fragrance added or the nozzle clogs making the products unusable. I resorted to making my own tinted dry shampoo. It's pretty good too.

When I was given the opportunity to dry a Batiste dry shampoo - and a tinted one at that, I was excited. Batiste is probably the leading dry shampoo brand currently and I was under the impression they were cruelty free. This was before I made a commitment to cruelty free beauty. Others seem to really like their products so I was eager to try find out if I was missing out.

I found this product did work but I didn't like it. My hair did look less oily and there was no white cast which was nice. I have super dark hair so their 'beautiful brunette' shade was a little light but they have a 'Dark & Deep Brown' version would have suited me best.

The fragrance and scent was really unpleasant to me though. I get headaches from hairsprays and this almost gave me a headache. It smells dusty and fragranced. I don't enjoy walking about with a dusty, strong smelling head. Also, my head feels a little bit itchy... could it be the alcohol denat? I don't know...
Batiste Dry Shampoo Plus, Beautiful Brunette 

My DIY Dry Shampoo

I was under the impression Batiste was cruelty free as the like to boast, but they don't seem to be after all. Batiste claims to not test on animals on their packaging, but it seems that they sell their products in China - therefore making them not cruelty free. If you don't know, products sold in China are required to be tested on animals. So if you're concerned if they are truly cruelty free, keep this is mind. It's shady that they try to mislead people.


Would I recommend this product? Unfortunately, no. It was too unpleasant to use because of the scent. Also, I don't like that they sell in China, so I won't buy from them. I think i'll try the Cake Beauty dry shampoo next. I have a good feeling about them. For now, i'm sticking to my diy dry shampoo.

*Recieved for free from Chickadvisor

Are you a regular visitor? Please follow me on bloglovin' ! :)

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © VERADESSA. Made with by OddThemes