Annabelle Expandable Mascara Review | An Adjustable Mascara Wand?!


I've always been a fan of Annabelle mascara. The 'Le Big Show' Mascara is a favourite of mine but I haven't used it in a long time as I wanted to venture out into trying other mascaras.

When I saw this mascara at the store, I was intrigued. It has a brush that you adjust so the bristles are wider apart or close together! I usually hate when bristles are too far apart because it sometimes makes it look like I have 5 thick eyelashes if i'm not careful with my application technique.

I wanted to put this mascara to the test. The claim is that if you retract the bristles (making the space between them smaller), you get more length and definition. If you expand the wand (making the space between the bristles closer together), you get maximum volume. You turn a little 'thing' at the top to adjust the bristles. It's so cool watching how it works. It's like an accordion.


It's not much of a surprise though, that this is simply a marketing gimmick. Don't get me wrong, it's so cool but I didn't notice much of a difference between using the bristles when they were as close together as possible, or as far apart as possible. Actually, to my surprise, I liked when the bristles were further apart because it felt easier to coat the lashes. But as for their claims, I didn't experience them.

'Gimmick' aside, it's fun to use this brush and I really like the formula. It's a dryer formula which I love but it doesn't flake through the day at all. I have very short and straight eyelashes and I notice that this mascara doesn't hold them up the best but it's the best that i've seen for my eyelashes. There's only so much a mascara can do for me. The brush width is fine, but it could stand to be slimmer.

Let's take a look at how everything looks and wears below.

Bristles Closest Together


Bare Lashes

1 Coat Applied

2 Coats Applied

Bristles Farthest Apart


Bare Lashes

1 Coat Applied

2 Coats Applied
Comparison


7 Hours Later

 Two coats are applied to each side. The left is the bristles furthest apart and the right is applied with the bristles closest together. Pretty much the same. I like the left side better. In 7 hours,by eyelashes have fallen a little but there is no smudging or flaking at all!
______________

Do I recommend this mascara? Yes I do. It's usually one of the pricier mascara's from Annabelle, I assume for the cool 'gimmick', but it's still a really good mascara. It's cruelty free of course. It contains parabens which I say - good. I want my mascara to have parabens in it. You can find this mascara in Canadian drugstores and on the Annabelle website for $10.95 regular. Keep you eye open for sales!

Are you a regular visitor? Please follow me on bloglovin' ! :)

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © VERADESSA. Made with by OddThemes