Paula's Choice Skincare Review

It's long overdue that I reviewed some Paula's Choice products i've tried. I'm a huge fan of her and her products. Whatever your skin issue is, her products can help. I purchased from Paula's Choice three times in 2015 and am still using some of the full sized products nearly 2 years later! I won't be reviewing the foiled samples in this post but will make a future post.

Before I get into my reviews, I want to remind everyone to keep an eye out for sales! For example, I bought the Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer on two separate occasions. It regularly costs $28 US. The one time I ordered it, I got free shipping to Canada and paid $13.80 US for it. The other time, I paid $20.80 US for it and $5 on shipping. This was in 2015, but I don't things have changed on their site.


Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer 
What it does: Reduces wrinkled on face & eye area | Soothes sensitive skin & rosacea

I bought this stuff twice, so we can assume I like it! This is a really nice moisturizer for normal to very dry skin. I love the texture of this moisturizer. It feels buttery and thick initially. When I apply it to my face and undereyes, it feels a little oily and will start to dry down to a drier, tacky finish. When it's fuller set, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I feel I can wear this underneath foundation without piling. I like that this moisturizer isn't just a basic face cream. It has added ingredients that are beneficially to the skin. You can even use it as an anti-aging eye cream. The fifth ingredient is Evening Primrose Oil which is a nice oil for dry skin and mature skin. I really recommend you try this one out. You can do what I did, I buy a sample first if you're unsure.

Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid
What it does: Creates radiant, even-toned skin | Reduces redness & builds collagen | Unclogs & diminishes enlarged pores

I find this an effective chemical exfoliant. I noticed this improved my acne and most of all, it was the only thing to get rid of the KP (Keratosis Pilaris) on my cheek! I had one dry, rough and bumpy cheekbone for months and this got rid of it completely. It did make my skin look very dry and textured underneath makeup unfortunately, so I stopped using it for a while. Foundation wearers know how horrible foundation looks on dry patches of skin. I really don't like the texture of this product. It feels just like vegetable glycerine. It sits on top of your skin like a sticky mask. I really recommend the CLEAR Regular Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution over this because it feels like water and was more effective for my skin.

I cannot believe that I still have 1/5th of product left in the two years i've been using it! My trick for making it last is I don't use a cotton pad to apply it to my face but use my palms. The shelf life of this is 12 months, but it seems to work still. 

Clear Regular Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution 
What it does: Prevents breakouts & fades red marks | Unclogs & minimizes enlarged pores | Non-drying, light-as-water texture

I really, REALLY like this liquid bha. This chemical exfoliant cleared up my old bought acne a lot! I really recommend this for people looking to buy a Paula's Choice chemical exfoliant. Like I mentioned above, I much prefer this over the Skin Perfecting Liquid BHA. Both are a 2% liquid bha so it targets the same problems but have different formulas. The texture of this is like water. When applied to the skin, it sinks in instantly. The Skin Perfecting Liquid BHA is a watery, glycerin feels and sits on top of the skin like a vegetable glycerin mask which I really don't like. I've gone through two trial bottles of this liquid bha and am certain I prefer it. Try out the trial size!

Moisture Boost One Step Face Cleanser
What it does: Creates radiant, even-toned skin | Reduces redness & builds collagen | Unclogs & diminishes enlarges pores

I bought this because it's a ph balanced cleanser. When I tested it with ph strips, the ph was lower than 6. Skin ph is about 5.5. I find it very important to use a cleanser with a lower or neutral ph for my skin, or else I will breakout. This cleanser removes oil and makeup very well. It definitely does tighten my skin with the second ingredient being Sodium Laureth Sulfate. I wouldn't say it's great for dry skinned people but it gets the job of cleaning your face done. Do you use oil to remove your makeup? This will remove that oily residue. I only need a very small amount of product for it to lather up all over my face. I still have some product left after two years of use. I like it. It's one of my favourite cleansers.

What do you like from Paula's Choice? Feel free to leave any comments or questions below!

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © VERADESSA. Made with by OddThemes