KVD Studded Kiss Crème Lipstick Review

Kat Von D is a brand I love and respect. The work gone into her products, the pops of colours she creates and the fact that her line will always be cruelty free just makes me want everything. For some reason, I haven't purchased from the brand much. Mostly because I have so much makeup already and her products are on the pricey side. So I felt like one lucky girl getting this product for free from Influenster. I could learn what all the fuss is about.

I love this lipstick a lot. I'm a big fan. The white shade in particular is on my mental 'want it' list. I was a tad disappointed she didn't release more wearable lighter nude shades but she did come out with a white out mixer shade (pure white) for lightening any lipstick which is SO original and cool. I have so many lipsticks that I like the undertone of but are too dark for my liking. I used a concealer stick for a while but it broke and altered the undertone a little. I'm sure I would get a ton of use out of the white one.

My first discovery of this lipstick is the packaging. It's plastic and collects micro dust but regardless is very nice and luxurious looking to me. The KVD logo in embossed at the top of the casing as well as on the actual tube of lipstick.

Next was the smell test. I love vanilla scented lipsticks. It smells delicious!

The formula is awesome. I found the first first few swipes on my lips to be kind of dry. It tugged a little. But after a few passes, the bullet seemed to soften a little. The formula is matte yet creamy. It almost looks like a matte liquid lipstick, espeically if you blot it with a tissue. I much prefer this over a matte liquid lipstick actually. It's more comfortable but is more long lasting than almost all standard lipsticks i've used. The bullet maintains a very firm, sharp edge too for precise application.

The shade OG Lolita has a nice opaque coverage. It's a nice shade but not entirely my cup of tea as it is pretty much the colour of my lips already.

There are a lot of lipsticks out there. Cheaper ones too. But I really like the way this one performs and feels! I think it's worth $23 CAD / $19 USD.

*Disclaimer: Item was sent for free via Influenster. This does not deter me from giving my honest opinion. 


9 comments :

  1. I got this shade too and I love it!! I'm a bit paler than you so it looks quite dark on me haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it is on the darker side. Great for a wearable fall vampy look :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I came across your blog, I love your lip swatches! That's an incredible shade and it suits your skintone perfectly! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have one colour of these Kat Von D lipsticks and I love it! I have the colour Cathedral and it's such an amazing brown nude. Love your review!

    http://www.thinkingofmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that one is like Lolita! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love your photos! I recently tried out this formula as well and I agree, it's definitely a comfortable lipstick to wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is, if I can get a lighter shade it would be my everyday choice :)

      Delete
  5. I love the in action shots you have! I'm really impressed with my lipstick too and the color was surprisingly flattering!

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram

Copyright © VERADESSA. Made with by OddThemes