REVIEW | Colourpop Creme Gel Liner in Swerve | Fail Turned Good?

colourpop gel pot liner swerve
Left: Bad Colourpop Creme Gel Liner Right: Replacement

Recently I bought a Colourpop Creme Gel Pot that failed hard. But I was sent a replacement that worked great and looked different.

Everytime I go to use it, I wonder what happened. Did they sell me an old product or a bad batch? Did they reformulate it?

The One I Bought


colourpop creme gel liner vs loreal infailliable gel liner
Left: Bad Colourpop Creme Gel Liner Right: L'oreal Infalliable Gel Liner (1 year old)

It was horrible. It was super dry to the point where it wouldn't show up on my eyelid unless I pressed very hard. That would cause my eyelid to be pulled down and my angled brush to splay. Every dip I made into the pot would dry onto the brush instantly. I barely used it but you can see the indents below of me trying to get product on the brush. I sent them the image above comparing my swatch to a year old gel liner by L'oreal. The L'oreal Infalliable gel liner applied smoothly. I said within a few months, it would be completely unusable.

The Replacement


The gel pot I bought looked utterly matte in sheen. The replacement they sent me was shiny and applied smoothly. There doesn't appear to be a reformulation...

Left: Bad Colourpop Creme Gel Liner Right: Replacement
colourpop creme gel liner fail
The new one on the right can actually make a sharp line and needed no pressure.
I guess the moral of the story is if a product doesn't perform, don't think it's suppost to be like that. Contact the company. Also, Colourpop should keep tabs on how old their products are and how they are performing. Because i'd like to buy their working products. No harm done though!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment :

My Instagram

Copyright © VERADESSA. Made with by OddThemes